The Government Lottery Office has been operated under the Government Lottery Office Act B.E. 2517 which entered in to force since 1st October B.E. 2517 and the Government Lottery Office Act (No. 2) B.E. 2562. It stated in Section 5 that there shall be an establishment of a lottery office to be called “The Government Lottery Office”
Having the following objectives:
1. Issuing government lottery tickets.
2. Managing the printing office to facilitate the printing of government lottery tickets or such other printed materials as approved by Board of Directors.
3. Carrying out any other activities pertaining or beneficial to the operation of activities of the Government Lottery Office.
One of the most important missions is to manage the printing office to facilitate the printing of government lottery tickets or such other printed materials as approved by Board of Directors. At present, the printing office of the Government Lottery Office is located at Soi Yak Ekkamai, Sukhumvit 63 road.
Besides the government lottery tickets, the Government Lottery Office also carries out the prints of charitable lottery tickets, the winning result sheet and other printed materials contracted by other public organizations.
Mostly, they are security printing materials of the government agencies as approved by Board of Directors e.g. bus tickets for the Bangkok Mass Transit Authority, coach tickets for the Transport Company Limited, toll tickets for the Expressway Authority of Thailand and stickers for the Excise Department. The Government Lottery Office mainly focuses on providing assistance to others. Therefore, the Government Lottery Office offers lower price than private printing companies. These activities do not generate much profit but they are our pride of the capability and trustworthiness.
State enterprises, as government agencies, have important roles in driving national development strategies and guidelines. both directly and indirectly Therefore, it is imperative to create a clear operating role. in accordance with the policy and environment The goal is to "state enterprises as an important tool in driving the national strategy towards stability, prosperity, and sustainability" so that state enterprises can play a role in supporting the country's strategy in various fields. achieve the goal and effectively as a result of linking state-owned enterprise policies with the sufficiency economy philosophy 20-Year National Strategic Framework 12th National Economic and Social Development Plan (2017-2021) Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
1. Clearly define the roles of state enterprises as a tool to support the country's strategic drive
2. Manage investment plans in accordance with the national strategy.
3. Strengthen financial strength to be able to perform roles effectively
4. Support the use of innovation and technology in mission development and management.
5. Promote the good governance system to be transparent and virtuous